Beaver Valley Hospital is a city owned healthcare center located in the southwestern region of Utah, within the city of Beaver. It is a modern 49 swing-bed facility built in 2000. The hospital incorporates two surgical suites, two birthing units, an emergency room, and an enclosed treatment room for outpatient surgical procedures. Thirty-six beds are reserved for long-term care and thirteen are reserved for acute care.
The healthcare services at the Hospital are augmented by our close affiliation with the Beaver Medical Clinics and the Milford Memorial Hospital (forty miles to the west) in Milford, Utah. Both hospitals are managed by the same administrator, and all entities are part of the Beaver Area Healthcare Network. The Beaver Medical Clinics pool their four physicians and five physician-assistants in support of the medical needs of the two hospitals. In addition, the hospital is supported by three traveling physician (specialists).
As part of our community outreach program, the hospital administration and the members of our healthcare network actively promote community disease prevention and health and wellness activities that benefit the community. An example of this effort is our annual Beaver Valley Hospital Health Fair designed to expand and improve health awareness and education for the people of Beaver and the surrounding area.
Our modern 49 swing-bed facility is supported by four highly skilled physicians and two PA-C (Physician Assistants) along with 45 dedicated, well trained nurses and medical technicians. The core medical services of the hospital include:
- Emergency Care
- Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery
- EMS (emergency medical services) & Life Flight
- Medical Imaging Services
- Maternity Care, Birthing Center
- Extended LIving (Long-term Care)
- Home Health / Hospice
- Utah Telehealth Member
- Family Practice Clinic adjoining hospital
- National Institues of Health: Health Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: U.S. Dept. HHS
- Medline Plus: A Service of the National Library of Medicine
- WebMD: A leader in providing health information on the Internet
- Univesity of Utah Health Sciences Center Health Information Library
- Community and Family Health Services (UTAH): Public health programs
- Toll-Free Health Hotlines: National Library of Medicine online database
- American Academy of Pediatrics: Dedicated to the health of all children
- Aging-Seniors' Health: MedlinePlus—Topics "A"
- National Institutes of Health: Seniors
- Alzheimers: Utah Alzheimer's Association
- Cancer: MedlinePlus—Topics "C"
- Children's Health: American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- First Aid: eMedicineHealth, Emergency Care
- Food & Nutrition: National Institutes of Health
- Healthy Living: American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- Heart Diseases: MedlinePlus
- Men's Health: MedlinePlus health topics
- Parenthood: A commercial site providing broad content
- Substance Abuse Problems MedlinePlus
- Womens Health Gov: Pregnancy and Childbirthing
Womens Health: General Information